Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 12

Going to Slice in the Morning

I'm getting a ride from YC and i'm going to SLICE, a christian ggroup that meets for an Hour every thursday before school starts. And I get the privelege to go! :)
yay!

So, this morning, I'm getting ready for breakfast, and I go downstairs into the kitchen and I see a red box on our counter. It says
"Dick and Carol Malone
*** ******** drive
*********, Florida"
I think they're not the doting kind of Grandparents... I mean, grandpa's ok, but Grandma can be a little cranky.
This is a recap on the LAST time we visited them. see what you think?
(grandma, Sister, and Neautique are all in the living room)
"hey, kids, do you want to help me set up the christmas tree?"
"Sure, grandma. where?"
"right here..." *sits down on her recliner*
*children start to put on the ornaments*
"You guys need to reach higher up. stop putting them all on the bottom."
"But, we can't reach up there."
"ugh, I guess you guys need help. Well, fine."
*"struggles" out of recliner and makes a fuss of helping with ornaments on a tree...*
"i'm gonna get a smoke. you guys keep this up, ok?"
"But, grandma... ok, fine."
*grandma leaves...*
*children stop working and put the rest of the onaments away and start to watch Spongebob on the TV...*
We later talked to dad about this and he understood. I mean, grandma did have lots of surgeries.
And this trip isn't going to be much different... she got knee surgery. Let's just say she's not as Atkins as some people. And, it's worrying me. But, i'm not going to up to her and say, "hey, granny, I think you're overweight."
So, this trip is going to be great.
... SO, i'm in the kitchen and I see this box. Me and my sister open it up...
it's two teddy bear ornaments with a little heart that says," I love you!"
... of course, the moment my sister sees the PINK one, she snatched it, "MINE!"
... I just sit and laugh. I always get the ones with flowers or brown on it. ugh...
Grandma chose that one, I could tell.
why must grandparents be so wanting to attach (obviously not all grandparents, but maybe yours) and yet be so off on what you really want? I just want to hang out with them. that's all I really want...
I don't know. maybe they'll see that I've grown up since 6th grade, and likes to talk politics and shit...
:) please let me talk...
I hope.

No comments: