Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 19

Romeo, Romeo, what art is next?

Twas amazing! That is the only way I could ever describe how this play went. The Romance, the Humor, the new freshman in the cast (saying as there are 750 in the whole school), the live Cellist, and so much more.
The real thing that gets me is that, unlike Dracula (which was ok), live music, instead of recorded Chamber Orchestra, was played by Sage Coy, who was also the Apothecary and Gregory when acting. When Romeo and Juliet meet for the last time in the Tomb, Sage is playing what I believe to be Com Susser Todd (or, in english, Come Sweet Death).
Then there was the humor. There was a lot of Humor in the first part of the play. Well, let's just say Jake Folsom, who was casted to be the Nurse. He sold the part so well! The part couldn't be without him. Second off, the whole Montague group's humor was very... well, distinct. So many puns were played on what Shakesphere probably DIDN'T mean by what he wrote. Honestly, I blushed. But, it's nothing I haven't heard of or seen before.
I'm not saying these guys didn't have a group of amazing Directors who thought of all of this; the lighting, the casting, the scenes to play out, the everything. One scene I would have liked to keep in, though, is where Romeo slays Paris. He sat there weeping in the corner as Juliet and Romeo are the center of attention. I would have to say, he should be dead...
But, all in all, I really enjoyed this play (not enjoying the fact that it's over with). I can't wait to see what Kari Olk and Drayton Cousins have in store next.
Well, until then, readers. Until then.

No comments: