Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 16

College

Yesterday, I was working on this assignment for Health class where I have to look up 3 colleges and compare them side by side.
Well, I got through 5. They were Art Institute Intl Minnesota, UMD, UM Twin Cities, U of Wisc. Madison, U of Wisc. Superior.
After looking at the size, ranging from large city, small city, large town, small town, rural; I ranked them UM Twin Cities, Art Institute Minnesota, U of Wisc Madison, U of Wisc. Superior, UMD. I cancelled out U of Wisc. Superior because of its small campus (It's smaller than Minneapolis, which is pretty small since you concider that Mpls is combined into Edina, Richfield, St. Paul, etc). <- Now that can make me uncomfortable.
So, I found out that my choices are UMTC, UMD, AIM, Wisc (Madison). Then, I looked at their enrolled students. I saw that the sizes ranged from 1,800 to over 30,000 students. I ranked them from largest to smallestl; UMTC, Wisc. Madison, UMD, AIM. I don't want a small community, but I wanted to keep AIM simply because it was a very good Art school and it was close to home. So I took out UMD, with good reasoning. It didn't have most of my electives. It just had Music, from what I looked at. And I want an education with more than just that.
Then I got my list... UMTC, Wisc. Madison, AIM. I looked then at price. I ranked it as so...
(Expensive) Wisc. Madison, UMTC, AIM (Cheap). I still don't know which one I'm going to decide on. I want a mixture of all of them...
I heard from my mother's friend that if you transfer from one college to another, you're more likely to get accepted. Maybe i'll try to get into UMTC. If I don't get in, I'll try AIM. Once accepted into either, i'll later decide if I want to transfer into Wisc. or not.
Meh, I have another year til I need to sweat, but it would be nice to get all the wondering done now...
:P
I'll go now, since I only have a few minutes to sign out.
BAI BAI!

No comments: