Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 20

This Trip

Boy, this trip has been heaven and Hell for me. I don't know exactly who really cares about that now, though, since I've been talking about it for a long while.

On Wednesday, we went to the 9th ward.

The 9th Ward was the zone of New Orleans most affected Physicaly. Many Houses were blown away completly. Many were still fixable, but many more were beyond compare. Many people in New Orleans in General went to the Superbowl for protection, mostly because they said they would be fed and taken care of there. But, what happened was, there wasn't enough food, many parts flooded, parts of the roof even broke off, resulting in death of either starvation, disease, or drowning.

When we went to the houses, we saw what looked to be like gravel. But, instead, it was seashells. Imagine, coming home after a hurricane (if you even came home, which many people still haven't) and finding SEASHELLS, miles away from the beach, in your front yard. :*(

When we went into one house, we found a big gaping hole in the floorboard. There were no walls, only wood framing and few pipes. We went into the garage and saw a bed, A BED, against the wall, facing a TV. I was scared to find a skull somewhere or a corpse. It would have fit in the scene well. :*(

I went down to pick up a frame, and a boy (Unanimous) stepped on it. "What the hell as that for, *****?" Miriam sid," This isn't our stuff" He replied "Well, no one lives here anyway. What does it matter" As he kicks a christmas tree (made from fine china) against the wall about 5 feet away, nearly shattering it.
Out of all of that rubble, I look down, and I'm shocked beyond compare (no shit whatsoever). I pick up a plastic rose, off of the stem, and red. It was like in a Movie. It made my heart feel warm, my eyes water, and my heart feel so open, so broken, and my soul feel present.

Well, I feel really scared because of something that I was today. So, I'm going to have to stop this post for now so that I can think this situation through. So, til I come back to the city, byes.

No comments: