Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 1

MY 50TH POST!!!

THAT'S RIGHT!!

I'm so glad you guys could read this all of the way to 50.

since this is a very important post, I'm blogfging a very serious illness, Anorexia.

There's someone I know who feels fat but isn't. I've promised to stay out of her issues (though I wish I didn't). So, instead of doing that, I guess I could write about it.

Anorexia is where you think you are fat, so you throw up your food to make yourself skinnier. You feel you need to throw up ANY meal you ate and feel like you're losing weight.

The seriousness of this is like Belemia, where you eat, but you make yourself throw up and, due to throwing up a lot, your stomach gets wheasy and you throw up more.

Side affects are
-If they have lost 25% of their normal body weight.
-they have missed 3 consecutive periods (for girls)
-they never eat in public (or don't want to)
-they constantly say they're fat
-They have been depressed lately.
-they have suffered a loss (family, relationship, etc.)
-they are 90-95 lbs on an average weight frame (that is, if it's not their recommended weight)
(small note, average Anorexic/bulimic is 16 years old)

Anyway,if you know anyone like that, ask them to look this up at
http://www.teenhotlinecentral.com/Hotline_Facts.htm#_Eating_Disorders
thank you, and congratulations on making it to my 50th post!


If u know someone who might be anorexic, take note of it. Maybe they're just not hungry around lunchtime or something. But, If you start to see the side affects listed above, you might want to talk to them.

Remember, if they don't want you to help, that's you're decision to either go against them for help, or with them for friendship.

But, if you go against them, I've found the Minnesota hotline at

No comments: